SEXUAL VIOLENCE AND DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND ABUSE
Sexual violence and domestic violence and abuse can happen to anyone of any gender, sexuality, ethnicity or age. The impacts of living with violence and abuse can be devastating and its effects are
Sexual violence relates to any unwanted sexual act or activity. It can
Domestic violence and abuse
Do you or someone you know need help? If you recognise any of the signs below in your relationship or in someone else’s help is available.
- Forcing, manipulating or coercing someone into doing things
- Putting someone down and making them feel bad
- Making someone feel guilty if they don’t spend time with them
- Looking through someone’s phone, social media or web history
- Stealing from someone or making them buy things
- Hitting, slapping or pushing
- Making someone have sex when they don’t want to
- Feeling scared of a partner, or feeling stressed, worried and pressurised.
What we are doing to address sexual violence and domestic violence and abuse in Devon
We are committed to ending sexual violence and domestic violence and abuse in Devon, and work with partners to provide effective preventative, early help, support and recovery services to people affected by these issues.
The Devon Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence Strategy provides an overview of actions being taken by our partners to end sexual violence and domestic violence and abuse in Devon.
Visit our campaign page for campaigns and resources aimed at preventing and keeping people safe from sexual violence and domestic violence and abuse.