working together to make Devon even safer
MAKING DEVON’S COMMUNITIES EVEN SAFER
Safer Devon is a partnership of public, voluntary and community organisations that work together to make Devon’s communities safer. It provides leadership for community safety work carried out across the county.
Partners include Devon’s four local Community Safety Partnerships (CSPs) which conduct work in the following areas:
- East and Mid Devon
- North Devon and Torridge
- South Devon and Dartmoor (Teignbridge, South Hams and West Devon)
Safer Devon and its partners are committed to supporting Devon’s communities through preventing and tackling community safety issues which negatively affect local people and communities, such as crime, hidden and visible harm and exploitation.
This website provides information about what we are doing to make Devon’s communities even safer as well as how to access support and advice if you are affected by a community safety issue.
New domestic abuse campaign launched to raise awareness of domestic abuse and Covid-19
Partner agencies across Devon and Cornwall have launched a campaign to raise awareness around domestic abuse and have warned that it may increase in the coming weeks due to the impact of Covid-19. You can access anonymous and confidential support at the Victim Care website.
Trading Standards is warning people to remain vigilant following a rise in COVID-19 related scams.
There has been an increase in scams and doorstep traders who are trying to exploit fear and uncertainty during this difficult time. We urge you to keep safe and vigilant and look out for scams in your neighbourhood.
You can download this information sheet about Scams.
Beware of loan sharks during the COVID-19 pandemic
Stop Loan Sharks is warning people to be aware of and avoid loan sharks during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Visit the Stop Loan Sharks website for information on how to spot a loan shark and access help. You can also contact the Stop Loan Sharks helpline service on 0300 555 2222.
By working together we can tackle community safety issues more effectively to make Devon even safer for residents and communities.
Our partners include:
- East and Mid Devon Community Safety Partnership
- Exeter Community Safety Partnership
- North Devon and Torridge Community Safety Partnership
- South Devon and Dartmoor Community Safety Partnership
- Devon County Council
- Devon and Cornwall Police
- Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Devon and Cornwall
- NHS Devon Clinical Commissioning Group
- Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service
- National Probation Service
- Dorset, Devon and Cornwall Community Rehabilitation Company
- Devon and North Dorset Prisons