EAST AND MID DEVON
As part of Safer Devon, the East and Mid Devon Community Safety Partnership (CSP) works with a variety of agencies and elected members from both councils. Members of this CSP are invited to attend partnership meetings in order to forge and maintain effective local working relationships.
In East Devon, there are four geographical local action groups (LAGs), each of which has an action plan designed to tackle issues that are specific to their areas. These groups meet every six weeks.
In Mid Devon, information and briefing sessions are held in localities that present current issues and crime trends.
On top of these specific district activities, this CSP holds a domestic and sexual violence and abuse forum which meets quarterly with representatives from a number of agencies in attendance.
The priorities for East and Mid Devon Community Safety Partnership are:
- Domestic, family and sexual abuse
- Alcohol and substance misuse
- Anti-social behaviour
- On-line safety and scams
- Child sexual exploitation
- Modern day slavery
- Crime prevention, including rural crime and Prevent (anti-extremism and radicalisation).
You can view and download the latest campaign materials from East and Mid Devon here.
Members of the Partnership include:
- East Devon District Council
- Mid Devon District Council
- Devon & Cornwall Police
- Devon Partnership NHS Trust
- Public Health Devon
- Dorset, Devon and Cornwall Community Rehabilitation Company
- Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service.